BASL Women’s Divisions will kickoff the 2017 season with a 1-day tournament at Randall’s Island on APRIL 8th!! Tournament Bracket.
Mousseau will be on Randall’s Island #33/34,
Green-Batten will be on Randalls #25/13.
Seeding is based on reverse 2016 regular season finish – just to shake things up! It’s all about learning the ASANA World Series rules and shaking off the winter rust.
The tournament is mandatory for all BASL women’s teams for the Spring 2017 season. Players need to be registered before taking the field. Register Now
Please be sure to read up on the tournament rules as they are different from our regular BASL rules:
- Roster: Teams must start with 9 players with the 10th vacant position listed last. The 10th vacant position will be recorded as an out each time it comes up in the order. Teams may start with 10 players without penalty. Teams may roster up to 12 players on the batting order with only 10 playing defense at any one time. All other eligible players shall be listed as substitutes and must be present upon submission of official lineups prior to the start of the game.
- Courtesy Runner Rule: ASA Rule 8 Section 9B2: Any eligible player on the official line-up including available substitutes may be used as a courtesy runner. A courtesy runner may be used once per inning. (All Adult Slow Pitch except Senior’s.)
- Game Times/Innings/Ties: Pool games are 55 minutes (no new after 50) or a full 7 innings, whichever occurs first and can end in a tie score. Elimination games up to but not including the Championship and IF games are 60 minutes (no new after 55) and a winner must be declared (no ties). If at the end of time or 7 innings the game is tied the International Tie Breaker rule will be used. Championship and IF games are a full 7 innings and a winner must be declared (no ties). If at the end of 7 innings the game is tied the International Tie Breaker rule will be used.
- Count: All games including Championship and IF games will be played with a 1 ball and 1 strike count with nothing to waste meaning if the batter has two strikes and fouls off another pitch the batter is out.
- ASA: RUN RULE application to all games including Semis, Finals and IF games:
- 20 runs ahead after 3 innings
- 15 runs ahead after 4 innings
- 10 runs ahead after 5 innings
The Amateur Sports Alliance of North America (ASANA) was created in 2007 as a non-profit organization comprised of women dedicated to promoting the participation LGBTQ+ people in organized softball competition.
Currently 23 cities in the United States are members of ASANA. Teams representing these leagues participate in the ASANA Softball World Series which is hosted each year in a different member city.
ASANA has six divisions — B, C, D, E and 50+. These division designations pertain to the competitive level of play, with “B” being the most skilled and the “E” supporting the most recreational levels of play.
The ASANA 2017 World Series will take place in Austin, Texas during July 4 – 8, 2017 where you will have to “Come and Take It”. There is a 6 game guarantee for all teams, and there will be plenty of food, fun and good times for all. If you’re interested in bringing a team to the series, please contact Tarah Burns at email@example.com. Additional information about ASANA and the World Series can be found here: